It’s that time of year again when the leaves start to change colours and fall off the trees. The air becomes crisp, and you might even want to break out your favourite sweater. It’s also time for gardening! If you’re thinking about decorating your garden this fall, here are ten reasons why it’s worth the effort (and expense).
- Fall is an excellent time for planting new flowers or vegetables in your garden – especially if you live in an area with cold winters because there will be fewer weeds to deal with during the winter months. You’ll need plenty of mulch around plants like tomatoes and peppers for insulation against frosty temperatures (not too close, though!). And don’t forget about pumpkins! They’re perfect for creating a spooky pumpkin patch toward the end of fall.
For your outdoor parties: Best Charcoal BBQ – 2021 Reviews
- A ‘fall garden’ features plenty of plants that flourish in cooler temperatures, such as asters, chrysanthemums, and sunflowers. The colours of these plants can add a lot to your landscape this time of year.
- Your fall decorating ideas will be well-timed for Halloween and Thanksgiving so that you can create a spooky (or festive) atmosphere with plenty of pumpkins, gourds, and corn stalks.
You may also like: Best Pop-Up Gazebos for Gardens in 2021
- Fall is also a great time to mix it up by using perennials that you plant in the spring. When they’re done blooming in summer/early fall, you can leave them in the ground until next year.
- With fall comes cooler temperatures and a calm atmosphere outside – a perfect opportunity to go stargazing in your backyard! If you don’t have a telescope or binoculars, try setting up a comfy chair outside with some hot chocolate. You’ll be able to see the stars like never before.
- Enjoy an afternoon picnic outside with friends and family, and don’t forget to decorate your patio area for added inspiration. Set up a tablecloth, candles, and string lights to capture the mood as the sun goes down.
- If you’re lucky enough to live near a lake, this is an ideal time of year to go fishing or boating. All the leaves will be changing colours making for breathtaking views around you.
- Another way to enjoy fall weather is by going camping! The temperature will be just right for staying warm at night with a campfire and sleeping bag. This can be a fun trip to take as a family, too.
- Speaking of camping… it’s also a great time to visit some of those ‘spooky’ places you’ve heard about from friends and read about on the internet. Many reports have historical sources describing haunted houses and abandoned towns found during this time of year.
- Lastly, don’t forget about Halloween! It’s a time to show off your creative side and decorate your home with everything from stretching skeletons to scary tree branches. The only limit is your imagination!
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy the crisp air and changing leaves of autumn, there are plenty of ways to do so. Whether it’s planting new flowers or vegetables in your garden, decorating with pumpkins and corn stalks, going camping or fishing at a nearby lake – these activities will help bring out your creative side this season! The best part is that everything can be enjoyed through November 1st (or even later if you live in an area where winter weather doesn’t come until December or January!).